[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knit mitten class upcoming

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 00:30:22 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Just wanted to give you loomers all a heads up on the fact that I will be teaching a phone class to
learn to make mittens on the loom beginning Saturday March 15 for three Saturdays. The class will
begin at three eastern time. I am hoping that this will be a good time and day for folks to attend.

A number of you, including myself, took a loom knit mitten class a few years ago. The difficulty I
had with the pattern was when attempting to attach the thumb to the mitten. So, I have found a
pattern that knits the thumb as part of the mitten. It is necessary to seam the sides of the thumb,
but I had no difficulty in doing that, so neither will you. I’ll show you how. <smile>

In case you would like to begin shopping for supplies here is what you will need:

Mitten loom,  either (in the attic 18-peg, or cindywood ½ gauge 20-peg)

(Please note that a thumb loom is not needed.)

Loom tool

One skein Bulky weight 5-ply or super-bulky weight six-ply yarn

Crochet hook

Please note that if you do not have an in the attic mitten loom you cannot get one because they are
no longer available.

I’ve got both an email and a voicemail message into Cindy at cindywood looms to enquire about the
availability and price of the mitten loom. There is another loom she has that can work for this
project and it is called the oval combo loom. It is a  14-inch wooden loom having 48 pegs spaced ½
inch apart. The loom is narrow with two rails of pegs and is rounded on the ends. A small separate
peg can be requested to wedge between the rails to adjust the size of the loom. I happen to own
this loom myself and like it because I can adjust it to make any round or flat project, using as
few as 2, or as many as 48 pegs and any number in-between.

To contact cindywood looms to ask about availability, pricing or shipping for either the mitten or
oval combo loom, contact Cindy at:

Cindywood crafts: -F 8AM-8PM Mountain Standard Time:

Home Office: (801) 259-037 9

email:   <mailto:sales at cindwoodcrafts.com> sales at cindwoodcrafts.com

please keep in mind that Cindy has a full-time job, so be patient when attempting to contact her.

Cathy F