[Nfb-krafters-korner] New member

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 03:02:12 UTC 2014

hello Dwight,

I took two or three weaving loom classes in college and really loved them. I have worked on both a
table and a floor loom. I could only see light and colors up very close to my eyes. So I did
everything by feel. I can tell you that it is definitely something a blind person can do. I was the
only visually impaired person in the class and with an enthusiastic  and interested instructor it
was easy for me to learn. preparing the loom for weaving by measuring the wool and rolling it onto
the loom and threading the heddles is the tricky part. it is fun making designs and patterns using
different textures of yarn and purposely creating gaps in the fabric.
Good luck with your class. Let your instructor know that there are other visually impaired folks
who have successfully mastered this craft before you.

Cathy F