[Nfb-krafters-korner] mitten loom class, more info for you

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 04:12:33 UTC 2014

http://www.cindwoodcrafts.com/
Jill

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Maria and Joe Chapman
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:03 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] mitten loom class, more info for you

 Hi Cathy.

the shipping cost sounds very reasonable.  I think I have figured out what I
want for my birthday lol.
So let’s see if I have this right. the oval combo loom can be any number of
pegs as long as it’s a one half gauge? and we need to request a centre peg?
I missed the URL somewhere could you please send it?

thanks.
Warm regards and blessings
Maria, Joe and FurBabies
Email:  iMessage:bubbygirl1972 at gmail.com

On 18 Feb 2014, at 6:51 am, Cathy <flowersandherbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>

> I spoke with Cindy from cindywood looms today and here is what you need to
do.

> When you order a loom online at cindywood it will have a name and say
whether it is ½-inch gauge or
> ¾-inch gauge. It will not give you the number of pegs on the loom until
you click on the link for
> that loom to see the details. . There is a loom called the round child
slipper loom that is ½-inch
> gauge and has 25 pegs, and this is the one you want to order. however,
when you order this loom
> there is a place where you  can make a note to Cindy and you want to let
her know that you would
> like the 27-peg ½ inch gauge loom as a substitute. These were looms that
were custom made for
> someone else and should be a good size for our adult mittens. She has a
good number of these looms
> in stock right now. Once she runs out, you can still order the child
slipper loom with 25 peg, or
> the adult slipper loom with 29 peg both in 1=/2 inch gauge and be ok.
>

> On the website go to catalog, then to round looms, than to slipper looms,
and select child slipper
> loom ½ inch gauge.
>
> As for cost and shipping:
>

> Cost $10.
>
> Shipping $5.95 US
>
> Shipping Australia $14.0 delivered in 4 to six weeks or priority $23
>
> Note, will refund partial shipping cost for Australian customers if she is
able to fit it into a
> flat envelope.
>
> Be sure to note in your order that you are from krafter’s korner.
>

> The other option  is to order the Oval combo in a ½ inch gauge. This comes
in a wide variety of
> lengths and number of pegs. I have the 14-inch loom myself but there are
sizes both smaller and
> larger. request a center peg so that you  can adjust the loom to make
smaller or larger items in
> the round.
>
> they have more flexibility than the 27-peg custom round loom, so that is
something to keep in mind.

> To purchase this loom go to catalog, shape, oval, then select oval/panel
combo loom.

> There are so many looms and all in two different gauges, so be careful
when ordering. stick with
> the ½-inch gauge looms, because the ¾-inch larger gauge looms will leave
holes in your slippers
> even with super-bulky yarn. this spacing is equivalent to the 36 and 41
peg round looms.

> Hope I haven’t confused you too much. It is a complicated business.
<smile.)

> Cathy

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/bubbygirl19
72%40gmail.com