[Nfb-krafters-korner] E-cookbooks and knitting

Paulette Vickery paulette at evickery.com
Fri Feb 21 07:30:40 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

Wow, it's good to be back on the list again! I know that I haven't written
anything

in a long time, but the room where my computer is, has no heat during the
winter

and it has been really cold here in

Kentucky

 for quite a while. It has even gotten to 2 below zero! Burr! Whenever I got
on the

computer, even for a short time, my hands practically froze off! Today for
some reason,

it is in the sixties.

Anyway, I found out about some really exciting cookbooks by a woman named
Marlene

Koch. Unfortunately, they are only available as E-books. But, they can be
read on

the Iphone and the ipad, using voice over. The problem I am having is that I
don't

know how to go to the next page or screen, or whatever it is, when I want to
go forward

or backward. I have never attempted to read an E-book before. The books are
not Kendle

books, so I don't know if the Kendle commands for voice over work. I don't
know the

Kendle commands anyway. All I know is that my husband has her books on his
Ipad and

I can move around in them a bit. I have read the ingredients for a few
recipes along

with some of the directions.

These books have great recipes for those who are watching their weight. The
author

is from a family of nine. She is a nutritionist and wanted to write
cookbooks for

people who are loosing weight or weight conscious in any way. They have
recipes that

are really good to eat! Each recipe has things like, calories,
carbohydrates, fat,

fiber, protein, diabetes exchanges and Weight Watcher points, at the end of
each

recipe. I have eaten 2 of the recipes and they are both really delicious!
They are,

Chicken Parmesan and Sneaky Beef with Penne. Sorry about the spelling,
somehow I

missed out on the spelling gene.

Anyway, The titles are, Eat What You Love, Eat More of What You Love, and,
coming

out in March or April, Eat More of What You Love Everyday.

Each book costs about $15. If anyone has read any of the books or eaten any
of the

recipes, please let me know. I hope that after I eat recipes from these
books and

increase my exercise, I will be able to knit sweaters in smaller sizes and
begin

to knit dresses and skirts that I can wear that look good on me.

So, could someone please tell me how to move around and turn pages in
E-books? Thanks

so much in advance for your help.

Paulette