[Nfb-krafters-korner] rake loom to answer Shelbi

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:07:01 UTC 2014

Hello Shelbi and others interested,

In general there are two types of looms: round and long. The long looms are rectangular in shape
with two rails of pegs lined up fairly close together. these are also called rake looms. They can
be purchased in a set of four or separately just like the knifty knitter or boye looms. You can
make a double thick fabric by winding yarn on the pegs across between the two rails in a number of
patterns. The most common pattern is called the figure eight wrap. This is what Henry will be
teaching. The shortest of the long looms should work for a scarf.
You can also use these looms to knit a flat single layer item by using all of the pegs going around
if you purchase an extra item called a loom clip.

Personally, I have tried the double knitting and don't enjoy it much. Of course you may love it. I
prefer to make my flat items on a round loom because I find it awkward to use the long thin looms,
but again you may find you like it fine.

Shelbi, I will give you my set of four long looms and two loom clips for you to try and keep if
you'd like. Todd is packaging them up for you as we speak!
Please email me privately with your address. I am happy to give them to you.
Cathy F