[Nfb-krafters-korner] for your info, Antibiotics

David F scopist65 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:45:08 UTC 2014

Sadly, I am all too aware of antibiotic reactions or strange medicine
reactions.

To make a long story short, in October 2008, I was prescribed a 13-day
prednisone taper for a strange urticheria-type rash and by day 6 had become
out-of-it and took a severe fall from a third story fire escape thinking I
was walking across a skyway to a nice alternative hospital.  It was 10:30
pm.  I  lay on the ground until 6:30 am when my apartment manager found me
while out walking the dog.  I spent a month in the hospital and had a
fractured pelvis.  That was one time independently living alone was not all
it's cracked up to be.  I could not sue either.

In September 2010, I   ended up in the hospital for a week because of a
reaction to Zithromax.  That was bizarre as that is the generic treatment
for lots of things such as  sinus conditions.