[Nfb-krafters-korner] scarf idea

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Jan 1 20:15:54 UTC 2014

Now I need to tell everyone that I made a few of these scarves for my
Princesses and I will pass on the idea to all.  It doesn't matter what type  of
stitch or way you make this scarf.[knit, crochet, loom]  I did not have  a
pattern for it so you need to think this one out yourself.

Make a scarf, before you finish working the last row, be sure you can put
it around your neck and if you want to tie it allow for that length.    Now
depending on what size person you are making this scarf for will determine
how much longer you need to make this scarf.  For the girls I made it  12
inches longer then the length to go around their necks and make a tie and
have it hang down to their waste when the scarf is tied.  For myself I  added
between 16 and 20 inches.

Now when the scarf is done on each end of the scarf fold up and stitch
right sides together to create a pocket at the end of each side.I just wipped
stitch the side seam and then turn it so the right side is facing out.

You now have a scarf with built in mitten pouches for your hands.   They
can't lose 1 mitten and when their hands get cold or they want to make a  snow
ball they can just slide their hands into the pouch.  It works great  for
an adult who wants to keep their hands warm or even if they have gloves on
they can slip their hands into the pouch to keep those fingers toasty  warm.