[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille on blanket

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 17:55:07 UTC 2014

You need to add to the list of things you do under your name in this  email
 in BOLD  letters:
Originalss

In a message dated 1/3/2014 12:35:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
b.butterfly at comcast.net writes:

Do you  all love a challenge? Well I do, smile. So when one of my new
customers  asked if I could Braille the name of her new grand daughter onto
baby  blanket, I said yes. Somewhere in the back of my beaner I  remember
seriously planning to do this, and honestly thought I had done  this work
before. Guess not, silly smile. She picked out the yarn and off I  went
planning the blanket. I decided to work up the yarn with the baby's  name in
Braille. Boy howdy, quite a challenging thing to do at the gym.

So I enlisted my brainy type husband. We got the length and  width of the
braille sells and spacing refigured out, well I did actually.  I checked
with
my Braille teacher friend on the letters, and I was good to  go.

My husband though was trying to work it out on paper  numbering the spaces
etc. It was a zoo as it just wouldn't click the vision  I had in my beaner
for him.

So I just proceeded forward. He  measured the Braille bumps to make sure
they
were straight, and proclaimed  how proud he was of me, smile.

So we have a nearly done lilac  baby blanket with the name of a sweet little
girl's name in Braille. Woo  Hoo!

Becky Frankeberger

Butterfly Knitting

-     Ponchos