[Nfb-krafters-korner] did you ever want to...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jan 4 18:41:32 UTC 2014

Did you ever want to learn something new?  Did you ever think you  could
search down and get all the info by talking to people and giving it a  try?
If you wanted to buy a tip roast and wanted a really good one would  you go
to a yarn shop looking for it?

Well I hope I make a point here.  There is no reason why any of us can  not
learn how to do a new craft and learn all about it.  Even if Krafters
Korner don't have a class.You can do the research and learn all that you can,
give it a try teaching yourself, but use the resources and contacts to pick
their brains and then try and try again until you can do it satisfactory to
yourself.

I went blind 16 1/2 years ago and since then I had never made candles when
I was sighted[I learned how by doing what I said above][I started making
and  selling my candles].  I did not have any idea what an antique sock
machine  was nor how it worked[I listened to people online and went out and found
one and  learned how to use it].  I never heard of a triangle loom before
and  started out with a small one and learned how through email and a phone
call.  I had known about caning chairs as my Mom did it after she retired
and it was a project that her and her friend would go to in the local senior
center.  I did have 6 months of training doing chair caning after I went
blind, and while there the teacher let me dabble with making a basket, now I
am  teaching basket classes, but I am still learning and picking the brains
of the  shop owner  from Baskets of Joy.

So if you always wanted to learn something maybe it is time to learn.
When I started with the candles I called up a lot of candle shops and talked to
 the owners on what I needed and took their knowledge and gave it a try.
So  go out and learn something new and be sure you come back to Krafters
Korner and  teach all of us!
.