[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille on blanket

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon Jan 6 16:44:49 UTC 2014

I had a client complete a quilt in training.  She used knots to Braille out our mission statement.  She did them in black so you actually had to feel them to make them out.  She also used beads sewn on to write, "Independence is gained one tap at a time."

We used a template of a cell we designed to help with the spacing of the Braille.

The quilt is hanging in the dining room in the Center where I work.

It is lovely!

Cindy Z.