[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sharing a craft idea for next Christmas

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 8 02:44:28 UTC 2014

Yes, I used to make those card ball decorations with my mom when I was
little.

It required 20 circles cut out from as you said interesting parts of the
card.  Again as you described you had to fold up 3 sections of the cut
circle so that the cut out now looked like a triangle with 3 curved edges
pointing up off of the table.  10 of the circles require that the top of the
picture be at the top of the point of the triangle and 10 of them had to
have an edge of the triangle at the top of the picture.  I would get help
cutting out the circles and have a piece of masking tape put on the back of
the picture at the top so that I could do the folding and assembly.

To assemble the ball you would take 5 triangles with the point at the top
and attach them along their folded up sides.  This would form a 5-sided dome
that will become the top section of the ball.  You need to make a loop out
of ribbon or yarn and attach it to the inside of this top section so that it
comes out of the top where all of the top points come together.

Now you will need to assemble 5 top pointed circles and 5 flat-topped
circles in an alternating pattern along their side flaps so that they form a
ring.  This is the middle section of the ball.

With the 5 remaining flat topped triangles you make another 5-sided dome.
The difference between this one and the first one you make for the top
section is that the bottom points of the triangles form the bottom of the
up-side-down dome.   This will be the bottom of the ball.

You will attach the top section to the top of the ring and the bottom
section to the bottom of the ring.

Does anyone remember making Christmas trees out of old magazines?

HTH,
Annette