[Nfb-krafters-korner] New E-mail Class - ORIGAMI: Modular-Triangular Open Box

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Thu Jan 9 15:10:10 UTC 2014

Hi to all list members, and a warm welcome to all those who have joined this list recently.
I am Lindy van der Merwe,  from Cape Town, South Africa.
I will be presenting the first origami class for 2014 via e-mail soon. I have copied the class info below. To sign up, you have to go to
http://www.krafterskorner.org/class/trian.html
If you have any questions at all, please e-mail me at stephlin at iafrica.com
For those who have not taken origami classes before, I am hoping to present a beginners' origami class in February or early March, so keep an eye and an ear out for that class.
This is not a beginners' class, but the folds aren't that difficult either, so don't be afraid to join us and have some fun if you have taken an origami class before or you feel you have mastered some basic origami skills.
Kindest regards.
Lindy

            instructor: Lindy
email: stephlin at iafrica.com
start date: January 21, 2014
sign up deadline: 01/14/2014
level: Intermediate to Advanced
requirements: Know how to make a square, some basic origami terms, and some basic techniques.
description: This class will be taught via an email list. It will teach you how to fold a triangular, open box from three squares of paper. This type of origami is known as modular origami. Two or more identical units are folded and then fitted together to create a finished model or object.
supplies needed:
 1. Square pieces of paper, three or more.
additional comments: If you feel you have mastered some basic origami folds, terms and techniques, this class will challenge you to not only fold, but also to fit your folded objects together in order to create a lovely open triangular box.
Don't forget to check out the Resource Page for supplies.