[Nfb-krafters-korner] NFB Student Division Seeking Auction Items

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 22:08:57 UTC 2014

Hello Fellow Crafters,

Are you a fellow crafter who enjoys sharing your unique one of a kind creations with other people? Are you interested in promoting the philosophy of the National Federation of the Blind to high school and college students? If so, the National Association of Blind Students would like to hear from you!

We will be hosting an auction at Washington Seminar on Monday, January 27, 2014, and we are currently seeking donations to assist us in our outreach and membership recruitment efforts. Last year we used the donations from this fundraiser to hold an intensive leadership seminar to equip young leaders the skills to improve the student divisions in their state affiliates. This year we are raising funds to increase the number of programs we target toward younger students who are in high school. We believe empowering students earlier in life will allow them to pursue opportunities traditionally believed impossible for blind people to achieve. We also need to raise money to cover travel expenses for our Executive Board members to travel to events held by our state divisions to provide technical assistance in building, maintaining, and strengthening our divisions on the ground.

I ask for your support in the knowledge that working together, we can build a bright future full of opportunity for blind students. If you are interested in donating any of your one of a kind creations for our auction, please contact me off list. My name is Elizabeth Mohnke, and my email address is lizmohnke at hotmail.com. In addition, you may also contact Cindy Bennett, one of our fundraising committee co-chairs, via email at clb5590 at gmail.com. We greatly appreciate any assistance you may be willing to provide in this matter.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Mohnke