[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: [Chapter-presidents] Window-Eyes now free with MS Office 2010 and 2013

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 23:50:56 UTC 2014

____________________________________
 From: nfbhuntington at aol.com
To:  chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Sent: 1/14/2014 2:51:59 P.M. Eastern Standard  Time
Subj: [Chapter-presidents] Window-Eyes now free with MS Office 2010  and
2013

Chapter presidents:

I am pleased to let everyone know  that Window-Eyes the well respected
screen access program is now available  free of charge to be installed on
any computer which has an installed,  valid copy of MS Office, 2010 or 2013.

The downloadable version and  extensive support materials is available at
www.windoweyesforoffice.com.  There is no functional difference between
the full purchased package and  this version.

Several important differences in support are  noteworthy.

Technical support for the Office version of Window-Eyes  will need to be
purchased at $25 per incident or a 12 incident, 12 month  package for $99.

No installation media is provided with the Office  version of
Window-Eyes, CD copies can be purchased.

The braille and  large print hot key card can be purchased.

Use of the GW Connect client  for Skype will include advertising.

As our members face the uncertainty  of end of life for Windows XP and
contemplate how to upgrade their  technology, this announcement may
illuminate a very exciting, and  affordable, path forward.

The Huntington Area Chapter is planning on  conducting several "Life
After XP" seminars over the next several months.  We will now focus on
taking advantage of this exciting news. Many of our  members already use
Window-Eyes, but have had to put up with very old  versions running on
even older equipment.

I also note with interest  the advent of Windows Tablets. One of which,
the Dell Venue, includes  Office 2013 and life time security software for
$319. I'll purchase one at  Costco this week-end and install Window-Eyes
for Office and let you all  know how it works.

I am confident that we can attract new members and  retain existing
membership if we have useful information available which  isn't available
from other sources. In our case it's offering hands-on  experience and
one-on-one consultation with respect to individuals  technology needs.

I apologize if this is running  a bit long, but  I must share this good
news with you all, particularly in light of the  critical situation our
members here in WV face, wanting to get up-to-date  technology and not
having the resources to purchase a new computer and an  $800 screen reader.

In Federationism,

Brad  Hodges

Chapter-presidents  mailing  list
Chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org