[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tunisian Crochet class

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue Jan 28 16:13:02 UTC 2014

My friend Gertrude made an afghan out of TSS done in squares in blue. She
needle pointed an Eagle on each corner and one in the middle for her son who
received his Eagle Scout Award. I talked to him this summer. That afghan is
in his home office still in wonderful shape thirty something years later. He
took such great care of this piece done with so much love from his mom.

All that to say, squares make a lot of sense for this stitch. The yarn can
curl if the piece isn't weighted heavily on the ends. That is why a  winter
scarf is not a good choice to make with this stitch, for example. But
piecing those scarves together for a throw or afghan is a great wonderful
warm idea.

Oh hey, a blue scarf pieced next to a green scarf etc. Go Sea Hawks!

Becky and Jake who will stay black and gold, thank you, arf!