[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knit stitches other than just purl plain rows?

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 00:17:11 UTC 2014

Valerie, congratulations!  the seed stitch makes an excellent border, and
you can use it for stripes, too.  Ribbing adds variety, and so does the
garter stitch.  Wwith these four stitches, you can make vertical or
horizontal stripes, borders, and other designs, such as diamonds, diagonals,
etc.  Lace generally requires light-weight yarn, but you can certainly do
it.  I recommend you stick to the basic stitches in worsted weight yarn
until you have a little more experience. But you now know enough to get
excited about what you can do.  You can now do scarves, pot holders, hats,
and more and more.  Cables, and lace are waiting for their turn.  I would
recommend learning increase and decrease when you are ready for the next new
thing.    You can also do fringe whenever you want. There are lots of
knitters who can give you whatever pointers you need right here on this
list. There are tons of patterns on the internet and from National Braille
Press. Have ffun!

Ramona