[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Thu Jan 30 23:15:20 UTC 2014

Okay, here we go.  I will give this a shot.  Here are two different ways to look at it.  See if one of them work for you.

Lillie, can I assume that you know Braille?  If so, then let's think of the Braille Cell.  In a figure 8 it would be like going from the dot 1 down to the dot 2, over to the dot 5, down to the dot 6, over to the dot 3, back to the dot 5 then up to the dot 4 and over to the dot 1.  What you have to remember is you are curving your lines that you are drawling.  At the middle of the figure 8 the lines cross over each other between the Braille dots 2 and 5.

Have you ever put the body of a snowman together.  I would be like two balls of snow sitting on top of one another.  If you traced your finger around the outsides of the snowman starting on the upper left side of the top snowball, come to where the top ball and bottom ball meet.  Take your finger and bring it over to the  bottom right side of the lower ball.  Follow that ball down to the ground, then continue to follow the ball over to the left side and back up to the center where the two ball meet again.  Cross over the center and up to the right side of the upper ball.  Follow that ball up and go around to the left.  That is where you started.  You have completed a figure 8.

Good Luck!

Cindy Z.