[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting

Terry Powers terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 22:20:24 UTC 2014

 Good description, Min!!!

Terry Powers

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of minh ha
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:03 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting

Melissa,
The figure eight shape is similar to how the number eight looks. The number
eight is two circles joined vertically, one on top and one on the bottom.
The figure eight is sort of the same, except it's not really two perfect
circles connected, more like tear-dropped shapes.
So when you do the stitch on the long loom, how it looks to a sighted person
is a circle on the top peg and a circle on the bottom peg and the yarn
crosses each other between the top and bottom pegs. The shape is a little
difficult to understand, but I hope this helps a little.
Minh

On 1/30/14, Valerie <rosetta at adam.com.au> wrote:
> Melissa, I too would appreciate knowing this, I have been trying to
> visualize how the yarn wraps around. Sometimes it is really hard to
> work out wraps and twists, doing one then how to continue on to next
> one. I'm buying a similar loom this week. Cheers Valerie

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their
dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence