[Nfb-krafters-korner] is there a new logo for NFB?

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 06:39:36 UTC 2014

Thanks for the detailed description, Lisamaria.

If a logo is designed for our division, it should be the official name and
not the nickname we/Joyce chose for the listserv. Our official name is
National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division or NFB Krafters Division
may be used. Krafters is spelled with a K and not a C. It is also plural NOT
possessive (no apostrophe).

Sorry, I have an English degree and also started my college career in
graphic design (two years) before switching to a degree in Photography, so
it is in my nature to point these things out <smile>.

Cindy S.

On
> Behalf Of Lisamaria Martinez via Nfb-krafters-korner
> Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 5:46 PM
> To: Ramona Walhof; List for blind crafters and artists
> Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] is there a new logo for NFB?
>
> The new logo consists of 6 forward facing Whozits, 2 are 2 shades of blue,
2 are
> 2 shades of orange, and 2 are 2 shades of green. They are in a circle with
their
> heads pointing in 6 different directions.
> Imagine an X with a vertical bisecting line straight down the centerpoint
of the
> X. The 4 endpoints of the X, and the 2 endpoints of the bisecting line are
where
> the Whozit heads are.
>
> Directly below the Whozit circle is the words National Federation in
black.
> below that and in larger blue type is of the Blind. Below that and right
justified
> is Live the life you want.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> On 7/11/14, Ramona Walhof via Nfb-krafters-korner <nfb-krafters-
> korner at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> > I saw a tactile logo at the Convention.  The words were beside the big
> > circle.  I think they can be on either side or underneath.  The words
> > National Federation are in black, I believe, and the words of the
> > blind are
> >
> > in blue.  The tag line Live the life you want apparently can be in
> > various positions.
> >
> > I think a good Crafters Division logo would be two large K's above the
> > National  Federation when it is on the side.  If there is space, I
> > would add
> >
> > two hands that are doing something, perhaps not clearly anything, just
> > something.  Or perhaps we should write out the Words Krafters Korner
> > or Crafters Division.  But I think it would be desirable to be clearly
> > identified with the NFB logo.  People reacted to it very well at
convention.

> > I think there are quite a few examples of the new logo already on the
> > NFB Website.  Apparently the colors orange, blue, and green on the new
> > logo are
> >
> > quite bright, but shaded also.  The whole thing can be done in black
> > and white, but I think it will be better to do it in color whenever
practical.
> > Ramona

Twitter.