[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: OT: the new bill identifier

Terry Powers terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:35:47 UTC 2014

Dave is right.  Henry and I got one at convention.  I have the old version
of the eye bill and the volume is extreamly low.  The big differences in the
new eye bill are;
The bolume has 3 adjustments and the vibrate mode.  The slot where you slide
the money is not totally covered, like it was, before.  Originally, you had
a slot to slide the bill into.  Now you have a place to slide your bill
into, but only the part that is being read is covered.    I guess they did
this, so you have better control of keeping your bill, flat.  As mentioned,
before, the reader does come with braille instructions and a cd.
The original e-mail, I received, telling us that they were going to give the
readers out at convention, sounded like the readers were made by NLS.  I
checked into this and they are the new version of the eye bill.  You need to
be an NLS member to qualify, at this time. At convention, they checked
everyone to make sure you were a member of NLS, before giving you a reader.
I love the new version.  The volume is great.  I have a mild hearing problem
and had a hard time with the old model.

Terry Powers