[Nfb-krafters-korner] Brl cards

Terry Knox via Nfb-krafters-korner nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 01:30:52 UTC 2014

I am disappointed and a little surprised about this message. First I must
state this is from me, not from the board or any other member. I only hope
there might be someone who could stand up at this very late, last minute who
even might consider making braille cards. We had a committee and this
committee was formed Many months ago and I personally asked a few times for
up dates and if assistance if needed, no replies were sent, in fact I can
look into my saved messages for answers where cards and descriptions were
sent back and forth a few times. LisaMarie, you agreed to do the braille
work back then and even stated you enjoyed doing this and it went very fast.
You were going to work with Ramona to get correct envelopes and I remember
she and her sister were even going to work on the brailling with you as you
did not want others to do this work and we turned over the entire project to
both of you back in March. The messages that time was short and we needed to
get the amount of cards brailled to match the crafts donated for each card
was spoke about. At this late time, everyone is busy with arranging what
they are doing for convention and I can not believe this message was sent
out on June 1. I totally understand being busy in everyone's life, I sure
am, just like everyone else but this was a fund raiser taken and committed
to in March and if there are no cards to sell at convention the committee
failed or the chair people in charge failed, after being asked repeated if
help was needed, many time by more than one person, "What is the statis of
the braille cards?". I can only post what I feel and not anyone else but
someone needs to say something, to let this go to the last few days before
people leave for convention, is just Not right. To ask members to get card
stock, braille cards, and sent them to who and by what time, is very unfair.
I have been a member of KK for over 4 years now and I am speaking up on this
one and if I am expressing something I should not well the board can ask be
to step out and I will, This message expresses only my disappointment on
this entire committee and its leadership, if you needed help before why did
you not ask. I am posting this to the list to let everyone know I take KK
serious and very disappointed in this attached message.

Terry Knox
Fund Raising Chair