[Nfb-krafters-korner] o t canes

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:59:28 UTC 2014

Free white cane, wow this is a wonderful service offered by the NFB. My
personal feeling is that it is good for every blind or VI person to own a
cane whether they use a guide dog or not. I use a dog myself, but often have
times come up when a cane is quite handy. Guide Dogs are allowed everywhere,
but sometimes I find that it is not best for the dog or for my convenience
to have a dog with me. So I always keep a white cane by my front door. My
dog is my preferred mode of travel however and so my dog has a name, while
my cane does not.
<smile>
Cathy F