[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: white cane

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 18:28:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I just thought some of you might be interested to know that I ordered my
free white cane on Wednesday night via the online order form and received
the cane today which is Saturday. Wow, great service. I have been using a
fold up white cane whose age I don't even know! So this new cane is quite
different, new and improved I suppose. . It is made of some kind of smooth
heavy plastic, instead of the metal I am used to. wow, much lighter to
swing.  The tip is like a round disk where as my old cane has a solid
rounded tip. What is the same is the rubber grip handle with the elastic
band on the end.
So it will be interesting to try out this new cane and see how it performs
for me.
My guide Dana is not at all impressed by the cane. <smile>

Just thought I'd share.
Cathy F