[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crochet and kniting items seen while away on a recent trip

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Tue Mar 25 21:42:42 UTC 2014

Hi everyone, I'm still waiting for a computer of my own, but getting a
little more used to this loaned one.

I mentioned we were away and happened to drop into a wonderful little store
all to do with yarns and needles and promoting crochet and knitting.  One
major part of the stores interest was promoting knitting and crochet on
large needles and hooks.  There were amazing floor rugs and scarves, cowls
and a myriad of other items on display and in the store there was also a
lounge type area,  visible from the sidewalk, where crafters sat and ;knit
or  crochet and enjoy each other's company while knitting or crocheting
away.

I came home with two gigantic hooks, one was more expensive but so beautiful
it was a hand crafted wooden crochet hook and is so beautiful to hold.   All
I have done with these is practice crochet and knitting swatches and how
quickly the work grows.  The store pushes the large hook needle idea as so
many people thesedays have not time to sit and enjoy making fine detailed
work and so busy workers can create items very quickly using these big
needles.  I'm sure this work is done elsewhere too, but I was surprised to
see so many varied items made on large hooks  or needles.  I'd love to hear
more from the crafters on this list if they have made such things, I love
the idea of fast growing crafts.

Cheers. Valerie