[Nfb-krafters-korner] Moez hooks

Deb Trevino debra_trevino at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 27 17:56:33 UTC 2014

These are the wooden hooks I wrote about yesterday.  They are available in
two lengths and I think six diameters.  There are crochet and crohooks.
Hope you can still find them as I ordered mine about 10 years ago.  They are
advertized as working with cross stitch but I just used the afghan stitch
with mine.

Okay, they are still available.  Here's the link and some information from
the web site.

http://www.moezhook-customcreations.com/

Valerie Young-Grimm
I Crochet It With "MoEZ" Afghan Crochet Hooks.
I have been crocheting for many years but the last 25 years I have been
doing "MoEZ" afghan crochet. This is the "Tunisian Crochet" done with the
"MoEZ"
hooks. It is so much faster and much more rewarding than regular crochet. I
have made many original patterns and won many state fair ribbons in
Oklahoma.
MoEZ afghans are made from graphs or cross-stitch patterns. The "afghan
stitch" is used so you always work the item from the front, it's less
confusing
that way. There are over 100 different afghan stitches that create textures
and definition. Cro-hooking allows you to make a reversible afghan with the
double ended hooks.
Since I started doing the "MoEZ" afghan cochet I have been able to complete
at least 1 afghan a week where it used to take me months to complete one.
Baby
afghans in less than 2 days. Best of all, I use less yarn. I find that I use
about 1/3 the yarn that I used to for an afghan.
You can cross-stitch on the afghan stitch very easily, but "I prefer" to
work the colors in as I go. Small simple cross-stitch patterns work the
best.

The MoEZ Hooks come in 7 different diameters and 2 lengths.
Custom lengths can be made shorter than 9" and up to 24" long and up to a 1"
diameter.
All pricing is U.S. dollars and shipping is priority mail in the U.S.($7.00)
and Fed Ex for international orders ($20.00). Shipping is a flat rate per
order.
Pricing is as follows:
Diameter     Color      9"  18"Cro-hooks
5/16"              Green              5.00       10.00      15.00
3/8" Black       5.00       10.00      15.00
7/16"              Red  5.00       10.00      15.00
1/2"               Yellow       5.00       10.00             15.00
5/8"       Super Blue        6.00       12.00      15.00
3/4"              Super Orange     6.00       12.00      15.00
7/8"              Ultra Maroon     10.00       15.00      15.00
Mo-cheting Made EZ     Book on cd             25.00
MoEZ Stitch Guide    software on cd            25.00
MoEZ Graph             software on cd                           25.00

---