[Nfb-krafters-korner] beaded bracelet on a loom class question

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] via Nfb-krafters-korner nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 12:55:35 UTC 2014

 To my understanding, when you are going away from you your thread is above the cross threads and when coming back, the thread is under the cross threads.  This locks the beads in place.

Terry P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen via Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 1:48 AM
To: Cathy; List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] beaded bracelet on a loom class question

I think you want to stay on one side of the warp threads the beads are resting between as you go through each bead. I'm not sure if it matters on which side (over or under) as long as you are consistent. It'll be in Amy's pattern instructions but if I heard correctly in class the weft was worked under. It's an important point as it is what holds the beads and threads in place.

Karen