[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: fell down the stairs: was please help Krafters Korner at convention

Cathy via Nfb-krafters-korner nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 00:17:44 UTC 2014

Hi,
I don't know who posted this but I am writing to you to commiserate:
You wrote:

Last Wednesday night i FELL DOWN THE stairs.   I   broke my ankle. ...

Been there, done that. Fourteen years ago I tried to walk up a set of steep
stairs that were going down. I was upset and re-occupied at the time because
my guide dog had gotten out of the opened gate in the yard and was wandering
the streets. So anyhow, I went plummeting down these stairs and shattered my
heel when I crashed into the closed door at the bottom of the stairs. I fell
hard directly on top of my left heel which had wedged between the bottom
step and the closed door.  To this day I don't know how I did not sustain
any other injuries during the fall. No ribs broken or shoulder strained or
even any bruises. I was off of my feet for two months then popping around
with a walker for another month. . With a fantastic surgeon and great PT I
have totally recovered accept for stiffness and swelling in the heel and
ankle when I over do things.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you for a full recovery.
So who are you anyhow?

Cathy F