[Nfb-krafters-korner] class times and days

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 20:26:53 UTC 2014

I need to say this up front,  We can please some of the people some of  the
time, but we can't please all of you folks all of the time.

I know some of the folks work and some don't.  I know we have time
differences all over this planet and our members.  We have accomodated some  folks
by providing email classes.  In the past most of our classes by phone  have
been in the evening at 8 PM Eastern time.

I truly prefer telephone classes so we can talk to each other and get to
know each other, get an instant answer to our questions and a variety of
explanations.  I love knowing the class starts at such a time and is over  in
an hour or little more.

Our telephone classes I feel bring us together , let us share and create
ideas.  I would like to see for 2015 Krafters Korner to develop more times
for telephone classes.  When we first started out we only had maybe 2
students in a class plus the teacher.  Look how that has grown.  In  telephone
classes we average between 10 and 12 students.  Forget it for our  email
classes we average upper teens or mid 20s.

Maybe if we offer some classes at different times we can attract other
people in all different areas.

So I am looking for classes we have done in the past, beginners and
advanced beginners and I would like to test run some classes during the day and
on the weekends.

So to our teachers, do you have a favorite class you have done in the past
that you really enjoyed?  Please consider doing it at a new time or on the
weekend if you work.  Let's try testing this out.

All of you students, no matter where you live try to get one of your
friends to take a class even a sighted friend.  They don't need to be a  member
to take a "Try It" class.  Let them see how we do things so they  have a
better understanding and we can help them do it.  Maybe they will  want to
become members, too.

Joyce Kane