[Nfb-krafters-korner] Explaining Colors

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 06:13:02 UTC 2014

Pretty much.

As far as I can tell, according to my research, turquoise and aqua marine fall between the colors green and blue on the color wheel. The closest color on the color wheel it comes to is Blue-green/teal.

Turquoise can come in different hues ranging from lighter turquoise to darker turquoise. It is considered a tertiary color because it is a mix of a primary color and a secondary color. To create turquoise you need to mix blue and yellow which are primary colors together to make green. Green is the secondary color. Add a little blue to green and you've got turquoise.

Sent from my iPhone