[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crochet chain

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 04:50:31 UTC 2014

Hello Lisa,
Yes, I will explain how to make a chain. I do hope to see you join us in a
class to learn more soon. <smile>
How to make a crochet chain
Start my making a slipknot.
Loosen the knot so that it is wide enough to fit your crochet hook through.
Set it on your hook so that the working yarn is on the right side if you are
right-handed and settle it on the throat or skinny part of the hook.
Adjust the hook part of the hook so that it is facing you or the ceiling,
(your choice).
Yarn over, to do this take you're working yarn and wrap it around the back
of the hook and around in front and back to the place where it began.
The yarn over should lie directly above the slipknot and below the hook part
of the hook.
So it looks now as though you have two loops on your hook.
Take the slipknot and pull it past the yarn over and over your hook and let
it fall behind the hook.
You now have only one loop on hook and you also have one chain stitch made.
Yarn over again and take the bottom loop over the yarn over and the hook
itself and you have two chains made.
That is all there is to it.
Cathy F