[Nfb-krafters-korner] NEWS for beginners

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 19:53:02 UTC 2014

I had to tell everyone about something my Mom went out and bought.   For
those people wondering and wishing maybe they would like to try sewing on a
sewing machine.  Advertised in K Mart is a Singer Sewing machine, called
Pixie Plus.  It is on sale for $50.  It is a small machine made for  sewers to
carry to a sewing class.  It has a bilt in handle.  It has  something like 7
built in stitches with length adjustment and tacking  ability.  It runs on
batteries or electricity.  It comes with a foot  peddle  and has a button on
front to press to make the machine stitch  slowly or fast er by moving the
level one way or the other and to stop by  putting it in the middle.  My Mom
checked it out and bought it.  So it  past her test.  She brought it over
to show me and I stitched on it and it  works great.  It also comes with some
spools of threads and bobbins already  filled up.  She thinks there was 12
bobbins.  I might have to run out  and add this machine to my collection.

I think it is well worth it and very portable.  So if you don't have  the
room for a full size machine or just want to say, "Yes I can sew on a sewing
machin.,"  This machine is worth it.  I would not use it for heavy  duty
sewing, but it doesn't cost a thousand dollars either.

Joyce