[Nfb-krafters-korner] off topic a question about blindness and how to explain it 2 sided people

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Oct 6 13:30:59 UTC 2014

 Hi Portia;

I and a mobility instructer are working with Henry to build up his independence.  He was guided around to much by Thair van drivers, up north.  We went to the bank in Giant and I had him find the bank.  Someone asked if we needed help.  I said, I am just helping him to learn his way around.
When leaving, I had him lead the way to where we were going to have dinner.  I gave him a clue or two and told him what the brick thing he was coming across.  He even found pumpkins outside the store.

Back to you.  How about asking a friend that is not living with you to assist in labeling all appliences, if they are not done.  Keep your londry in a different basket from the others.  Henry and I, each do our own.  We each do our own beds and all the towls are done at once.

How about doing your own londry and then, saying, look what I did today, I did my own londry, today.  Today I walked from A to B.  Today I cooked some ---.  Do you want to try some?   When they see you do things and let them know maybe they will finally realize you can do things on your own.

I have orthapetic problems.  My friend said on day,  Sophie is sheading again.  I took on the chalange to try to vacuum the rug, again.  My sister usually cleans, once in a while for me.  When my sister came over, I asked her, how did I do?
Don't be imbarrissed to ask how you did.
It may take a while for them to relax.  Show them your crafts.  People are surprised at my talent!

Hope this helps.

Many of us experience this, but not in such a strong way.

A guard in my office building was suprized that I could deliver,pick up and also drop off applications to the passport office and take 2 shuddle busses to get to our cashier to pick up government checks.

Terry P.