[Nfb-krafters-korner] to Linda Weber about beginner knitting loom

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:49:45 UTC 2014

Hi Linda,
I believe your message may have gotten lost in the shuffle with all of the
traffic. I just happened to see it this evening.

So to answer your question, no I do not recommend the authentic knitting
board as a good beginner loom. Instead I recommend the round looms with pegs
having a wide spacing between them. you can purchase them at Walmart,
Michael's  perhaps Joann's, on amazon and probably other places. The looms
come in a set of four round looms of differing sizes and you can make
numerous items with them, both round or flat. Just about anything you can
imagine really.

The original looms were made by a company called ProvoCraft, and were called
knifty knitters. However they are no longer being made because the company
is no longer in business. However, you can still find the original looms on
amazon and they are very nice looms. But the off brands are fine as well and
do the job.

If you purchase your looms and would like a beginner file to get you
started, I can send you the instructions that came with my provocraft knifty
knitter. But please contact me privately.

Yes, if others would find this file helpful, they can contact me as well.

Cathy F
flowersandherbs at gmail.com