[Nfb-krafters-korner] Quilt Class coming up...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 01:49:21 UTC 2014

OK folks.  I have submitted my quilting class proposal and hopefully  it
will be up on the website in the next week.

The class will begin on October 4, Saturday at 3 PM Eastern time.

I wanted to let you folks know that you can sew by hand or by machine to
create either a quilt throw or a pillow.  I want you to look for charm  packs
and I found a great place that has a lot of them.
http://www.fatquartershop.com/

Charms are 5: by 5" squares of fabric.  A charm pack comes with  fabrics
that are matched by the fabric makers or designers.  There maybe  more then 1
square of the same fabric, but they are coordinating designs or
collecttions.  You will need to do the throw 2 Charm Packs of prints and 2  charm packs
of solids.  This dis going to be a patch work and it does not  matter if
the colors match or not.  So you can get Bright solids, pastel  solids basic
solids, or get one color all the same.    Your quilt  throw will be approx.
54" by 54"   This takes about 80 printed and 64  solid 5" blocks.  You will
need 3 3/4 yards of 45" wide fabric for  backing.  You can also use a flat
sheet.  Be sure it measures more  like 8 to 12 inches more  then the 54:
square.

If you plan on just doing a  pillow all you need is 9 5" squares of  print
and solid   So it would be 5 of print and 4 of solid.  You  can get 1 fat
quarter of solid and print and mail it to me and I will cut it for  you, but
allow enough time to get it back.  You will also need 3/4 yard of  the solid
for the back and a ruffle around the pillow   You can get 1  yard of the
solid and a fat quarter of the print and I will cut what you need  for it out.

I have put a list of supplies for this and it will be up on the  website.

You can sew this by hand or by machine.

I will be ordering some of my favorite needle threaders.

I plan on making up some kits with precut fabric, matching thread different
 types of quilt blocks with directions with or without backing fabric and
quilt  batting.  I will also include a needle threader with it.

If you havwe trouble finding the 1/4" masking tape let me know as you need
to get it from a quilting shop.

Joyce