[Nfb-krafters-korner] a question about crocheting a blanket shell pattern

melissa tucker melissatucker4 at att.net
Wed Sep 3 16:28:01 UTC 2014

I'm making a couch throw using the shell pattern.  I'm picky about how my work looks, so while creating each row, I look back at my work again and notice where the yarn is splitting in the middle of some of the shells.  The only solution I've come accross for this problem is to take work out and redo it.  This doesn't always guaranty that that shell doesn't still have a split spot in it.  I review my work after every few shells, but sometimes isn't noticeable until a row or so after I've completed that shell.  I hope I'm making since.  Maybe it isn't even visible to someone who can see my work, but my fingers can certainly tell the difference.  I could cut the bad sections out of the yarn, but I don't always notice them while crocheting until later, and I don't like seeing too many knots in my work anyway.  Ideas or oponions are appreciated.