[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: good going for our Lillie Pennington

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:28:32 UTC 2014

Way to go Lillie!!! Awesome!

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Cathy via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2014 9:11 AM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: good going for our Lillie Pennington

Hello all,

In the Ohio newsletter today I read some news about one of our members and
thought I'd share it with all of you.
Quote from Eric Duffy: president of the Ohio chapter of NFB:

We in the National Federation of the Blind are changing the world too. But
we are changing it for the better. I spent last weekend at the Jernigan
Institute with twenty-eight high school students. Six of these students will
be helping with the STEM2U program at COSI Columbus, in May of 2015. One of
these students, of course, is Lillie Pennington. I enjoyed seeing Lillie's
leadership skills in action last weekend.
	When I see the competence and confidence of these kids, I know that
the future of our organization is in good hands. I know that we are changing
what it means to be blind, and I know we really do help blind people live
the lives they want.
End quote.

	 Cathy F