[Nfb-krafters-korner] arm knitting?

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Sun Sep 28 20:02:47 UTC 2014

Hi Cathy,
It seems people mainly make long scarves and also those sometimes called
cowels, where you knit a shorter rectangle and then sew the two ends
together so it is like a collar around your neck.
I have managed to make a long scarf, using two strands held together of very
thick yarn, the name and specification I can't remember, unfortunately.
I only used ten stitches. I rather like a loose knitted pattern, though it
did not come out nearly as loose as I thought it would. It does work up
quickly and I really liked the process, especially since I am not good at
either needle or loom knitting.
Now I am curious about the class for making the scarf using crochet chains
made with fingers. Did you make several chains, and if so, did you attach
them to each other to make the scarf? Just curious.
Lindy