[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting and pride wool

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:24:13 UTC 2015

Hi Lovette,

Some yarns are not as easy to work with as others and this goes for either
needle or loom knitting. Yarns with loose wrapped strands often found in
bouclé yarn are particularly difficult to work with because they can split
when you place a needle or yarn hook into them. so I recommend tightly woven
yarn to use initially.  Also I found it easiest to learn with a yarn with
some stretch to it. 100% cotton won't stretch and if you are a tight peg
eWrapper you will have difficulty getting the yarn over the pegs. So if you
want cotton yarn purchase a cotton blend which will have some stretch to it.
Cotton-ease by LionBrand is one option. Terry P mentioned Wool-ease by
LionBrand and this is a wool and acrylic brand that stretches and is easy to
work with and comes in both a worsted and super-bulky weight. I never used
the brand of wool you mentioned so cannot comment on it specifically. But if
it is 100% wool, remember the shrinkage factor.

Happy knitting.

Cathy F