[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hetti's tee shirt rug

Hettie hettie.woehler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:57:39 UTC 2015

Hi all
I was lucky to find one ball of this t-shirt yarn as they only sell it
during winter time. They have different colours, blue, yellow and others.
You can also find some speckled with a main colour and another colour spots
which looks quite sweet. It seems as though the bright yellow is always
stiffer, is that the word? Others has a softer texture and much less
stretchy in it. I prefer those as they are easier to work with.
I think this one ball will be enough for a small foot mat in front of one's
bed. If you want a larger carpet you will need a larger loom or make as many
blocks until you have the wanted size for the carpet and then stitch it
together.
I was actually looking for bamboo yarn as it is soft, doesn't absorb smells
and will be nice and warm as a scarf too. I need to order that from a shop
in Pretoria, about 200 plus k from us.
Looking forward to the courses this month. Goodness, August already!

Hettie

Join me at my WordPress Blog and tell me what you think
http://hettiewoehler.wordpress.com