[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: Fund Raising at Convention

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Aug 5 18:40:41 UTC 2015

Have you all seen the letter sized picture frames, made of plastic, with a plastic base?  Cards could be taped to something like this and they would stand up.  They could be passed around or just stand on the table.
Also some kind of container or stand, if the items hang, would be good for the craft items.  The craft items were near the edge of the table and I think some fell off.
Magnets catch the eye, if on a magnetic board.  Key chains, catch the  eye if they are hanging at eye level.  Other items need to be displayed in a large, shallow container, that they can be fumbled through, with out dropping.
Money; How about one of those q-pon holders and maybe a simple change purse for coins, inside.
I might have one I can bring.
Why does the card and the craft money, have to be separated?  It all goes in the same fund.
We need more veriety.  I would have the message in the card.  We also could sell some cards, for maybe .50 less, with out a message.  Then the blind person can put, what they want.
Joyce, did you notice my stands?  They come apart, so are easy to transport.  They have 4 pegs, 2 high up and 2 lower down.  Michaels, sells them.

Just some ideas to think about.  I did help sell and did observe what went on, in the exibit room.  Crafts seamed to go faster than cards.

I am willing to Join the card committee, if you need more help.  I need a model, but I have been doing braille since second grade!
Hope my brailler is well when it comes back from Bell!

Terry P.