[Nfb-krafters-korner] key chains

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Aug 26 19:48:11 UTC 2015

I have a suggestion for those making key chains and Christmas ornaments out of pony beads.

When I make my plastic canvas key chains and ornaments, I use lanyard hooks, between the item and the key ring.  This is especially nice for something that could be hung on a tree or be used as a key ring.

People might want the dog key chains on the tree to represent some dog, in their life and later use it as a key ring.
The lanyard hook allows you to put the ornament hook onto the item and after the holidays, add the key ring.

A lanyard hook is a tiny ring that is open at the bottom and extending at the bottom is a pear shape, with a lever.  This is all one piece.  They are found in the beading section of craft stores for not to much, but are worth a few dollars for the versatility they bring.

Terry P.