[Nfb-krafters-korner] The no sew fleece pillow

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Thu Aug 27 09:44:30 UTC 2015

Hi to all,

I just wanted to give some feedback on my no sew pillow case. It turned out
great, thanks to the encouragement and help of quite a few members. Thanks
for sharing your ideas and directions, but also for helping me conquer the
doubts I had. As a template I used a strip of valcro that I had in my craft
stash. It was just the right width, about an inch, I'd say, and I cut it to
be about 4 inches long.
I used a fleece blanket that I had and because it was just too small to
cover my pillow and a rectangle instead of a true square, I decided to fold
it over my pillow and only cut two of the sides. This meant I did not have
to deal with the corners for this project. My cuts are not perfect, but they
are straight and uniform enough that the pillow now has a place on my son's
bed.
Once the cuts have been made, a little larger or smaller strip cannot be
noticed unless you want to compare them one by one.
So, one side of my pillow is closed with the folded over fabric, the second
and third sides are tied and at the bottom I have cut three very small holes
and sewed on three matching buttons.
I think they look quite cute, actually, but you don't see them when the
pillow is in an upright position.
I think my next project will be a no sew fleece blanket.
Thanks again to everybody and for those who have not done this, I can only
encourage you to give it a try.
Lindy