[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: should dogs be fed carrots

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:39:23 UTC 2015

Hello dog lovers,

Nike and Dana just love carrots but before feeding them to our dogs, Todd
and I checked to see if it was a good idea, and by golly it is.
You should see how Nike rushes to the doorway of the kitchen each time the
dehydrator drawer in the fridge is opened up!

Can dogs be fed carrots? Absolutely.
•Carrots in their raw form can help dogs maintain strong teeth because of
the amount of chewing involved; these veggies also act as a great polishing
agent to keep your canine’s bright smile shining.
•Nutritionally speaking, dogs can benefit from carrots just as humans can —
the fiber, antioxidants, low number of calories and high concentration of
beta-carotene are welcome additions to a balanced diet.
•For older dogs prone to sensitivity and irritation in the mouth area,
owners can cook or purée carrots and add them to dog food. But don’t worry;
the softened vegetable will maintain most of its nutrients.

Cathy F
Taken from:
http://www.petful.com/food/can-dogs-be-fed-carrots/