[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knitting questions

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Feb 11 17:51:24 UTC 2015

When working in the round, it does not matter which direction you work.  The item is round so the patern continuously repeats itself.  If you knit, purl, to the left or right, you will still get a ribbed effect. If you e-wrap either direction, you will get the same effect.  It can matter on a flat item, whether you work left to right or right to left.  You need to start in the location, recommended in the patern, to get the correct effect.  Flat items are done from left to right and then right to left, or they might start at the right, first.
I am talking of a flat item on a round or ovle  loom, not a rake loom.

That's enough for that class and I am not even the teacher!

Terry Powers