[Nfb-krafters-korner] needle threading

Sandra Streeter sandra.streeter at uwsect.org
Tue Feb 17 13:32:40 UTC 2015

Hi, Sandra:

I am the other Sandra who attended your Braille conference call I believe last Spring. I, too, am a Braille junkie (at least in certain spheres of my life), and so, I doubt you would have any trouble with the self-threading needles with the slit over which you pull your thread until you feel it click in. I swear by them! They come in different sizes. If you had trouble feeling the slit end with a fingertip, the fingernail applied to the top works also, so you could get a better fix on aligning the needle to the thread before pulling the thread down. If you're ever interested in working with yarns, there are also tapestry needles, sharp or blunt, and those often have very wide eyes that are extremely easy to thread without any threader or special accommodation.

Sandra Streeter
Receptionist
Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center
374 Broad St.
New London, CT 06320
860-237-3663

Do you know what this community needs? You!  When it comes to changing lives and advancing the common good, what this community needs is you. To give or volunteer, visit us at www.uwsect.org<http://www.uwsect.org/>.