[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: an event that may be of interest to some

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:53:38 UTC 2015

You are Invited!
To the 7th Annual Birthday Bash for Out-Of-Sight.net!  Grab your party hat,
your bells, whistles, and horns, and dress up in your finest party duds!  We
will be celebrating our 7th birthday in style on Saturday, January 31st!
There will be several hours of your favorite games, and random door prizes
to keep that smile on your face!  But, this is not going to be just any
party!  This is going to be the best one we have ever had!  Why you ask?
Okay.  Sit down, and hold tightly to your hat, as we reveal to you our
special guest speakers for the celebration!

Have you read the book, "The Da Vinci Code"?  Have you read the book
"Secretariat"?  How about "Catch Me if You Can"?  What do all 3 of these
books have in common?  If you answered the American Printing House for the
Blind Narrator, Jack Fox, you are absolutely correct!  Jack will be visiting
us, here live, on January 31st, but he will not be alone!  Nope!  Jack is
bringing his daughter, Jill Fox with him as well!  Jill is also an
accomplished narrator with APH, and has read such books as, On the Street
Where You Live, Digital Fortress, and The Help, just to name a few.

You might think, wow!  This is great!  But, that's not all!  We also have an
actress, Director, a NLS Narrator coming to speak with us as well!  Let's
see if you know her work.  Have you read, "Laura Ingalls Wilder:  A
Biography"?  Have you read "Little Women"?  How about "The Collector"? Or,
how about "The Secret Garden"?  If you have, then you know another special
guest of ours is, none other than, Laura Giannarelli!

Now, we know you are saying, this is just too much!  But, wait!  We are not
done with all of the announcements!  Our next special guest is a fellow
blind guy, who will speak to us about his adventures hiking the entire 2,175
Appalachian Trail, The Pacific Crest Trail, the Tahoe Rim Trail, and the
John Muir Trail, all alone with his guide dog, Tennill!  Learn about how he
hikes alone in the back country and his plans for future adventures!  You
won't want to miss hearing about all of the experiences that Trevor Thomas
can share with us, so come along on a virtual hike and experience the trails
through Trevor's eyes!

So, we have 3 audio book narrators, a blind hiker and his guide dog, some of
your favorite games, and random door prizes to give away.  Is that all?  No
way!  What would you say if we told you that we had a very special guest
coming, and we think you will enjoy her very much?  If we mentioned the
book, "Second Watch", would that ring a bell?  If we mentioned the book
"Birds of Prey", would you know who we were talking about?  What about the
book, "Exit Wounds", "Dead Wrong", and "Paradise Lost"?  Have you figured it
out yet?  If you screamed out, New York Times Best Selling Author, Judith A.
Jance, you would be right on!

So, what are you waiting for?  Mark Saturday, January 31st on your calendar
as a day to lock your doors, turn off your phone, and invite all of your
friends to visit us, as we celebrate our 7th year in an Out-Of-Sight style!

Check out our special guests through your favorite search engine, or read
some of the books listed above, so you can come prepared with some
interesting questions for them, in the Q and A portion of their talks.  We
are very honored to welcome our guests, and we appreciate the information
they will offer us, in order to help make our 7th birthday a huge success!
Let's give them a warm welcome, and show them our thanks with our attendance
and appreciation for their time!

Spread the word, and email all of your friends!  Let's get this party
started, on Saturday, January 31st!  Details will be forthcoming!  See you
there!

Cathy F