[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mitsy kits

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 8 13:03:40 UTC 2015

 Hi all, I called into this chat Monday evening.
Tammy is working hard to making sewing more accessible to blind
people by providing seminars at senior centers in
Massachusetts where she lives.  She provides a kit to make a
small quilting project.  She attaches burlap to the edge of the
quilt squares to make a straight edge to hand sew the squares
together.

Her web sight is not up yet, but she plans to sell these kits
online.  She also hopes to expand into other sewing projects.

I told her about our group, and although her goal is to give
blind people an activity that they can participate alongside
sighted people, she is very interested in what we do.  I hope she
and Joyce can talk after the convention.

Carol O
If you always do
 what you always did,
 you will always get