[Nfb-krafters-korner] Alternative border for shawl

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sun Jul 12 00:07:31 UTC 2015

For the crochet students. If you would like a simple alternative border to
your Prayer Shawl I have listed below a simple finish border if you would
like to use it on your shawl. You do not need to complete a border but just
sending this along if you want to add one.

BORDER

Start border at one corner. You can use same color as the shawl was made
with or use another color to compliment the body color.

Attach new color of yarn if changing color at corner. If using same color ,
at last completed row, chain 1.

Make 1 single crochet in the first stitch, skip next stitch, in next stitch
make 2 sc, skip next stitch and in next stitch make 1 sc.

This is the repeat pattern across to the next corner.

   1 sc, sk next st, 2 sc in next st, sk next st, sc in next st.

When you get to corner or end of row st you must add an extra st to make the
turn. On each corner of each side place 3 sc in the end st or corner st and
turn and continue the repeat pattern from above. You only add these extra
sts in each corner. When you go all the way around and come back to where
you started you have 2 there where you started, so add 1 more sc and pull
thru, tightly and cut off and back weave a little of the end and trim.
Border completed.

Now.Say a blessing and a prayer over your most wonderful completed shawl
that God has given you the talent to make, and for the blessing of the
person you made this for. Add your love and possibly a little card
stating.This shawl was made with loving hands, with prayers for you, please
wrap yourself up in its blessings and know I am thinking of your and praying
for you always. With my love. And add your name if desired.

Hope this helps.