[Nfb-krafters-korner] at convention

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Sun Jul 12 06:45:43 UTC 2015

Hi,
I made it home in one piece today. It was a great convention! I hadn't been
to one since 2007 right before my husband died. That one was in Atlanta at
the Marriott Marquis.

I got to see my sister and bro-in-law and people I hadn't seen for years! I
helped at the Krafters' table but couldn't attend the meeting because of my
state caucus and another meeting I had. It was sure hard to decide where to
go with several meeting happening concurrently every day.

There were some good speakers and some not-so-good during the general
session. I enjoyed it all though.

I wasn't sure how far I could walk or knowing that I couldn't stand for very
long at all, so I used a wheelchair. That was a different experience. We had
almost 3 thousand people there. Wow!

I enjoyed what is one of my highlights at convention:PURRusing the exhibit
hall and buying items at the tables. I didn't look at as much technology
because I had to keep stopping walking around and sit down to rest between
walks. It would have been easier had I had an escort for the afternoon, but
I bet several people would like that in that huuuuuge room.

It is a little unnerving traveling alone and attending the convention alone
but I've done it before and it is doable. I had two room mates but didn't
see much of them; typical for convention.

kThe banquet was great! I hadn't been to one in years because even when I
had attended convention, I often left early to get back to work or because I
didn't have the funds to stay the full week.

It was neat to meet some of our krafters and hear their voices. I helped, or
hindered, with braille greeting cards. I wonder if someone could send me the
pattern for the kitty. I looked at it many times last ?Sunday but didn't
memorize it. If I'd remembered to record it, that would have been good. I
had a little Wilson recorder on me and forgot to use it.
Thanks
Lauren

Blessings in Jesus' name
Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all
understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
My digital evangelism blog is at:
W w w . ask in Jesus name . o r g
My book, in audio format, is at:
W w w . audible . c o m
Cats Are Terrifically Superb:
W w w . catlInes . c o m
(take the spaces out to go to the above links)