[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille Card Sale

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:14:47 UTC 2015

Hi Lauren, same here, feedback is always something we can learn from. I for
one really liked your suggestions. Sometimes, feedback can feel personal
especially when people have invested a lot of time into the event but I
would encourage all who are and were involved to take a step back and
remember that this is not personal, it's professional. Business people have
to take suggestions all the time and often they have to act on what is said
even if it doesn't feel like quite what they want to hear because let's face
it, they have to please the market to a certain extent.

We who make suggestions are simply making suggestions and we can't tell how
our suggestions will impact those who spent countless hours organizing the
events for convention. We obviously have no harmful intent but we also can't
control how these suggestions will make you feel. If you find yourself
feeling like this is a personal attack, remember that we're all tired and
we've all just had a very intense week. Leaving the reading of suggestions
until one feels more open to receiving them may be a healthy course of
action which will keep the discussions positive and fruitful.

So, look at all this feedback as something that may boost sales next year.
Folks may or may not choose to implement the suggestions and that's ok too.
Others have been around longer and may have seen some of the things we
suggest work or not work and given that information they may decide to take
our suggestions and to put them aside or take others and put them into
place.

It was great meeting you at the table and thanks for showing me the ropes.

Michelle